Sign in to follow this  
vgarza

Dataview Creator on v12

It was never supported and has been removed. Not sure why as everyone used it. 

The only way to add them now is to edit the sql tables. Its not too difficult to do. I actually found it easier to generate a dataview that way than with fighting with the dataview creator.... but maybe I'm strange that way.

It is supposed to be re-enabled in a future update. (Completely Unofficial Speculation: Since Patch 1 is released, Patch 2 is in Pilot, and I think the roadmap for Patch 3 has already been set, I am assuming this wont return until Patch 4 at the earliest.)

Can't believe they got rid of it. If the searches didn't suck so bad it might not matter but there is a ton of data that you can't get to unless you go full sql on it.

Sad.

I think Searches are a poor way to expose information. I think they are great tools, but I don't want to write a search, or create unnecessary searches, just to be able to see agents OS version or timezone or some other little datapoint that the Dataviews are perfect for making available when needed, and has no overhead the rest of the time. (Whether you link a search to a group or not, every search query gets executed every 24 minutes I think)

This has returned in Patch 6. It uses the same property setting (datviewcreator = true) and will be found in the legacy menu. The legacy menu is enabled via the last check box at Dashboard > Config > Control Center