Shadoxity

ScreenConnect 4 Labtech integration - single click

Hey Guys,

I have put some labtech scripts together to get this running until its officially integrated. The only downside is that it will leave an internet window open, but it will connect directly in.

This should import the following

Script - ScreenConnect Deploy

Script - ScreenConnect Get Guid

This script does not include the MSI installer, you must generate this and put it in LTSHARE\Transfer\Software\ScreenConnect\sc.msi

First you will want to create an MSI file from the access part of screenconnect. Set the msi to use a specific value and enter in %ltclientname%.%ltcomputername%

This will name the computer "Company Name.Computer name" in Screenconnect.

second, create 2 extra data fields in the computer section in labtech

1. ScreenConnect Linked - Check field

2. Screenconnect GUID - Text Field

Save the file to your labtech share > transfer\software\screenconnect\sc.msi (or name it as you want if you want to edit the script. You will need to change the file name in lines 5, 6 and 14.)

Running the script will

-download SC to the target computer

-Run the install silently

-Set the name of the computer in SC to Company name.Computer name

-Set the ScreenConnect Linked EDF to ticked

-Get the SC computer ID GUID by parsing the registry key

-Set the ScreenConnect GUID field to have that computers GUID for Screenconnect.

IF Screenconnect is already installed on a computer (detected by checking currently installed software) The script will switch to a section that will see if the "Screenconnect Linked" EDF is ticked and tick this if it is not, and also run the script to set the GUID.

From here you can now perform 1 click connects to the computers.

Create a new menu command with the following.

http:///Host#All Machines//%eScreenConnect GUID%/Join

I used MPriests plugin which lets you set a quick access button on the computer screen.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=384

NOTE: Internet Explorer security settings can cause it not to connect straight up, so if you are getting it to open IE and straight to the computer but its not Joining, Check your IE security settings and make them lower. (or use firefox cause its better)

NOTE: Labtech seems to have a delay in updating the extra data field variables. So after the GUID is populated it is about 10-15mins until labtech recognizes the value in there.

Goodluck, would like to hear some feedback :)

Cheers,

Leon

http://www.inspiredtechs.com.au

EDIT: Updated script and add additional functions, changed msi name and did not include MSI in import file.

EDIT: Some further developments here - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1078&p=6606

ScreenConnect Deploy.zip

Edited by Guest

Nice script.. What can you do if you already have over 1000 clients with it deployed? I guess it's probably easier to wait for the full plugin before moving to this.

I just with I do do better grouping in Screenconnect to separate clients better.

Thanks for posting this!

Russ

Nice script.. What can you do if you already have over 1000 clients with it deployed? I guess it's probably easier to wait for the full plugin before moving to this.

I just with I do do better grouping in Screenconnect to separate clients better.

Thanks for posting this!

Russ

Hey RUss,

All you need to do is run the "Screenconnect Get GUID" script that is part of the initial script import.

I have attached that individual script for you.

This will pull the GUID from the machines with it installed.

If you want to set the button up for use for machines with it installed, create a script that you can run on all of the machines with it installed to tick an EDF and you can use MP's plugin to setup the button like in the first post

Screenconnect Get GUID.zip

Russ,

I am working with your scripts and I must be missing something. The web address that ends up translating to when connecting is : http://mydomain/Host#All%20Machines///Join

"mydomain" does point to the correct server.. :-) Is that what it should look like?

Dan

Hey Dan,

I take it you tried to connect less than 15mins after deploying? Labtech doesnt seem to update the EDF variables for about 15mins, so the variable will just be picking up a blank field. Give it 15mins and try to connect again and it should be fine.

You should see after the machines/ the GUID get entered there and it will connect in.

Thanks for posting this!

Russ

You mentioned the full plugin, is their a rumor of this coming out?

Thanks for posting this!

Russ

You mentioned the full plugin, is their a rumor of this coming out?

Screenconnect support have mentioned they are working on some integration to be released with version 4.1, Hopefully within a month away, but who knows.

Shadoxity,

Something is not quite right. Still not getting the GUID or the check box after installing. I have waited for 24 hours and the EDF never populates..

The EDF's are on the main info/default tab of the computer screen and named:

"ScreenConnect GUID" and "ScreenConnect Linked"

remove quotes. :D

Looks like I am missing something simple that is not jumping out at me...

The get GUID script appears to run..

The script(5848) was successful in the THEN section.

Start K2 Scripts\ScreenConnect\Screenconnect Get GUID

IF Software Installed Parameter1: %screenconnect% Parameter2: Parameter3: Time Taken: 66528.3080084

L1 Shell Parameters Hidden Time Taken: 66534.9068084

L2 Variable Set Parameter1: 0 Parameter2: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Curr Parameter3: scstring Time Taken: 66544.4540084

L3 Script String Functions Parameter1: 22 Parameter2: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Screen Parameter3: = Time Taken: 66554.0012084

L4 Script String Functions Parameter1: 0 Parameter2: 02e3682e-df87-4ea0-a913-d68def Parameter3: 36 Time Taken: 66554.5160084

L5 ExtraData Set Value Parameter1: 729 Parameter2: 3834 Parameter3: 02e3682e-df87-4ea0-a913-d68def Time Taken: 66555.0308084

L6 Script Log Message Parameter1: Screenconnect GUID set for K2T Parameter2: Parameter3: Time Taken: 66555.5456084

Ideas?

Dan

Shadoxity,

Something is not quite right. Still not getting the GUID or the check box after installing. I have waited for 24 hours and the EDF never populates..

The EDF's are on the main info/default tab of the computer screen and named:

"ScreenConnect GUID" and "ScreenConnect Linked"

remove quotes. :D

Looks like I am missing something simple that is not jumping out at me...

The get GUID script appears to run..

The script(5848) was successful in the THEN section.

Start K2 Scripts\ScreenConnect\Screenconnect Get GUID

IF Software Installed Parameter1: %screenconnect% Parameter2: Parameter3: Time Taken: 66528.3080084

L1 Shell Parameters Hidden Time Taken: 66534.9068084

L2 Variable Set Parameter1: 0 Parameter2: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Curr Parameter3: scstring Time Taken: 66544.4540084

L3 Script String Functions Parameter1: 22 Parameter2: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Screen Parameter3: = Time Taken: 66554.0012084

L4 Script String Functions Parameter1: 0 Parameter2: 02e3682e-df87-4ea0-a913-d68def Parameter3: 36 Time Taken: 66554.5160084

L5 ExtraData Set Value Parameter1: 729 Parameter2: 3834 Parameter3: 02e3682e-df87-4ea0-a913-d68def Time Taken: 66555.0308084

L6 Script Log Message Parameter1: Screenconnect GUID set for K2T Parameter2: Parameter3: Time Taken: 66555.5456084

Ideas?

Dan

The log looks like it pulls the GUID just fine.

You might want to check the EDF name, or even delete and recreate the EDF fields and select them again in the lines of the script, might have a mismatch of the EDF field.

The fields should get marked and filled pretty well straight away after the script runs, but it has about a 15min delay before the variables pick up on them.

Am I doing something Wrong? I don't see the scripts anywhere. I Imported the xml file from the zip but I cant find the scripts.

labtech usually puts scripts in word places when imported.

Right click scripts and select find, then search for "screen" it should show up

I've tested this and I'm seeing good results with it. Nice work.

One thing of note is that there is an issue when running the command on a machine where there is no GUID populated from the commands menu. This will actually cause the link that gets passed to open a remote connection to EVERY machine listed within ScreenConnect. A simple workaround to prevent this is to simply set the extra datafield value to something so ScreenConnect will simply display an error. This can be set under Dashboard > Config > Additional Field Defaults > Computers > Whatever Tab You Placed The EDF Under > ScreenConnect GUID. I simply entered 'NULL' as the default and this prevents a potentially bad situation.

Shadoxity

Great script. It works perfectly on Windows Vista or higher systems. Unfortunately, i still have a few XP systems supporting and the script will not not work with them. I checked it out and made some modifications to address two issues.

1. Windows versions prior to Vista do not dynamically load system variables so the LTclientname and LTcomputername system variables are not accessible on XP machines until the machine restarts so the SC installer cannot access those variables.

2. Reg query did not support the /f switch before Vista so the get GUID script would not return any information on XP.

Here are the modified scripts. The ScreenConnnect GetGUID script uses powershell to get the registry values. I'm just beginning to script with LT so it may not be the best solution.

ScreenConnect Deploy.zip

Edited by Guest

The modified scripts use the SERVICE_ARGUMENTS option to set the Clientname and Computername in the installer. The values must be changed for your installations.

1. The default SERVICE_ARGUMENTS string can be viewed by opening your sc.msi file using Orca or InstEd (http://www.instedit.com/download.html). Look for the property table in the tables tab and copy the entire value of the SERVICE_ARGUMENTS string.

2. Replace the last part of the string from "&t" with "&t=@URLClientname@.@URLComputerName@&c=@URLClientname@"

3. Replace the default SERVICE_ARGUMENTS with your customised string.

Thanks to lpopejoy for his post about this option for ScreenConnect.

Question about "single click" when I click on the ScreenConnect button (I am using MP's QAM which runs the script to connect.) This will launch my default web browser which requires me to login to ScreenConnect. If I leave the web browser open and logged in, I am taken to the ScreenConnect list of hosts, I still then need to connect to my actual machine by searching for it in the list. Am I doing something wrong or is this intended? I was hoping as long as logged in to ScreenConnect it would automatically launch the session with the machine.

Check the Inspired Techs tab under the Info tab on the Computer Management screen to make sure the Screenconnect GUID EDF has data. If it is empty, run the "Screenconnect Get GUID" script to populate the EDF.

Question about "single click" when I click on the ScreenConnect button (I am using MP's QAM which runs the script to connect.) This will launch my default web browser which requires me to login to ScreenConnect. If I leave the web browser open and logged in, I am taken to the ScreenConnect list of hosts, I still then need to connect to my actual machine by searching for it in the list. Am I doing something wrong or is this intended? I was hoping as long as logged in to ScreenConnect it would automatically launch the session with the machine.

Yes you are doing something wrong. The url should include computer name/session that you are connecting to and open the browser but open the specific session and you should not have to browse for it. PM me and I can help you figure it out.

Anyone figure out how to join an unattended session without leaving a browser window? I saw a couple options on the screenconnect forum but none of them worked for me.

Using MPriest's QAM I have the URL configured but it always leaves the browser open. Any way to join an unattended session without leaving the browser open?

Anyone know of a way to put computers into groups by client in the SC console when using this script?

Hey Man,

Cause the groups are dynamic there isnt a way to do this.

You would have to manually create each of the groups and use something like domain to get it to put them in the groups.

I just split them between servers and computers and use the search if i need to look for a pc quickly. Can use pc name or users login name :)

You can also group them by client name in ScreenConnect using the CustomProperty1 criteria. The script creates the session for each machine using the labtech client name as the Organisation name in ScreenConnect. CustomProperty1 is the field name for Organisation so criteria for each group would be

CustomProperty1 = 'clientname'

where clientname would be the Labtech client name.