Sign in to follow this  
Hikato

Forum Search Issues

We've done a complete reindex of the search for the forums, and it seems to have resolved a bunch of the issues with the searching.

If you continue to have any issues, please post here and we'll be sure to check them out!

Thanks!

LabTechGeek Staff

I've tried some basic searches like "install", then "install date", then "install date equals today"

All returned no results. That doesn't seem right

Did you search within a topic or forum?  The new search system is kinda odd.  For example, if you try to search while viewing this thread, it will only search this thread unless you change it from "This Thread" to "All Content" or another choice.

FWIW, I have used the search a few times, and I believe it found the posts I was looking for without issue.. (One search didn't get the matches I wanted, but I believe that was because nobody had posted something on the topic, not necessarily that the search didn't work right.) And yes, when you are in a forum or reading a topic the search is limited to the current context by default and doesn't search site wide.. But hitting the "More search options" after searching, or clicking the dropdown next to the search box and changing "This topic" or "This forum" to "All Content" before searching easily gets me moving with full site searching.

Thank you very much for resolving thing.. (Now if only you could detect all URLs beginning with labtechgeek.com and ending with a period or a comma and separating the extra character from the URL, that would be awesome and would fix many broken post links.... See https://www.labtechgeek.com/topic/3715-mac-os-x-installer-configsh/?do=findComment&comment=22816 for an example...)