DarrenWhite99

CWControl/ScreenConnect Scripting - Install/Remove

Here are scripts we use to manage Screen Connect Control Installation and Removal from agents. These scripts update the plugins tables to flag an agent as having or not having the ScreenConnect Control client, and sends the necessary remote commands to make these changes immediately effective. The installer is compatible with Windows and OSX. The Reinstall and Uninstall scripts make the required plugin table adjustments for OSX and Windows and issue the LabTech commands that should complete the changes, but OSX Reinstall and Uninstall functionality has not been confirmed. For Windows, all functions have been tested.

LabTech ScreenConnect Scripts.zip

ScreenConnect Screen Connect Control Install Remove Reinstall Uninstall Deploy Repair

On 6/14/2017 at 1:48 PM, DarrenWhite99 said:

...  but OSX Reinstall and Uninstall functionality has not been confirmed. For Windows, all functions have been tested.

It's been a year and a half since i posted this, and it's been downloaded over 80 times... Can ANYONE comment on functionality for OSX or Linux agents? (I'm thinking since I didn't mention Linux in the original post that Linux isn't supported, but maybe I included it and forgot... 😛)  If the scripts DON'T work properly (for any OS) but you have a suggestion to fix, let me know and I'll refresh the files.

On 6/14/2017 at 1:48 PM, DarrenWhite99 said:

Here are scripts we use to manage Screen Connect Control Installation and Removal from agents. These scripts update the plugins tables to flag an agent as having or not having the ScreenConnect Control client, and sends the necessary remote commands to make these changes immediately effective. The installer is compatible with Windows and OSX. The Reinstall and Uninstall scripts make the required plugin table adjustments for OSX and Windows and issue the LabTech commands that should complete the changes, but OSX Reinstall and Uninstall functionality has not been confirmed. For Windows, all functions have been tested.

LabTech ScreenConnect Scripts.zip

ScreenConnect Screen Connect Control Install Remove Reinstall Uninstall Deploy Repair

Will this work with the hosted version of ScreenConnect?

Darren,

Will this work as a measure to update agents after making changes to the Control configuration such as hiding the tray icon and such? We just moved to Automate and the integrated Control and didn’t see a way to easily reinstall to make the changes apply. Seems like this would do the trick.