MrRat

MSP Accounts Plugin - Free

Plugin updated to version 2.160121

Password field length increased to 99 characters.

Bug fixed in automated password change that was stopping the new password from being recorded for non service accounts.

That fixed that issue, but it is throwing lots of dsadd failures

I'm sorry. Obviously needed some beta testers to send to before releasing here. I'll get this fixed today.

I hear ya bro!!

I think both. If its not a DC it should have a local account to handle troubleshooting etc. Would be very nice. I also noticed when I ran it on my clients it created disabled domain user accounts, maybe I missed something somewhere. I am just redeploying it now to confirm I did it properly or not.

I've installed the plugin to test it out and it's not exactly what I was looking for, so trying to uninstall it. Problem is - it isn't listed anywhere in the plugin manager. I've restarted the db agent, reloaded system cache, etc. Still nothing shows.

Any ideas if that's an LT or plugin bug and how I can fix it?

It should be listed in the plugin manager as "MSP Accounts by RealTime, LLC"

if it is not i would recommend contacting Labtech support. i have never seen a plugin that wasn't listed there.

It somehow got mixed up with the Reboot Schedule plugin - removing that removed the MSP Accounts Plugin. Maybe a duplicate GUID or something? Not sure what happened there but it's good now.

I loaded the plugin and it does look pretty good. A lot of the features won't be a lot of use to us as our clients are different. With some we have a single admin account but some clients have a different name they use which is dumb. Others we do have named accounts but not most of them.

The one part that will be useful though is the service account as we use the same on on all our clients and resetting its password as well as the password in all the locations in LabTech is brutal. The issue is, I am trying to set that up and there is no account in the account drop down list. I created an account with no permissions to anything as it says but it isn't showing up. I thought it might have been a time thing but it has been a bit now and still nothing.

Is there anything I have to do to get the service account to show up in the list?

Thanks.

The issue is, I am trying to set that up and there is no account in the account drop down list. I created an account with no permissions to anything as it says but it isn't showing up. I thought it might have been a time thing but it has been a bit now and still nothing.

you created an account in the control center like the "1ServiceAccount" shown below:

all accounts under Admin/Users should show up in the drop down the next time you view that tab of the plugin.

accnt.jpg.0f8cb000557e40564cb960aa309b308a.jpg

Yeah, I created the account under the Admin Users. On the service account page, none of the accounts show up there.

I am not sure if there is anything I have to do to get the accounts to show up there.

Thanks

I should clarify, it is in the Service Account section. The Username section does list all the users.

oh, it shows up in the Username drop down but not the Service Account drop down. Good, that means it is working right.

You just need to select the account in the Username drop down and click Add User.

(this creates it as a normal user with a single password everywhere)

Wait 15 minutes and then select it in the Service Account drop down and click Change Service Account.

(this changes the password in each location and sets the account as "Login to use for Administrator Access")

OK, that makes sense. If the account already exists at every client site will that be an issue?

That won't work. The plugin wants to manage it's own accounts.

Oh, that's too bad. The plugin looks good but we already have these accounts created at all our clients and we have to go through RFCs and stuff to get new ones created.

I think both. If its not a DC it should have a local account to handle troubleshooting etc. Would be very nice. I also noticed when I ran it on my clients it created disabled domain user accounts, maybe I missed something somewhere. I am just redeploying it now to confirm I did it properly or not.

you ever determine why the accounts were being disabled?

BTW: I am currently working on adding local accounts and should have something soon. Going to move Service Account to it's own tab so that it can be added to all locations/computers, not just those with AD.

Weird issue with MSP Accounts. We are still in the midst of our Labtech deployment so we are onboarding a bunch of clients every day. I used MSP Accounts to deploy a service account (LTService) last Friday and all of the ones that were onboarded at the time of the first pass worked correctly. As we onboard more clients we are using the MSP Accounts>Manage Locations tab to create the service account in the newly onboarded customer's AD, which appears to be working correctly at least on the Active Directory side. The OU is creating properly, the user account is in the OU, and it has the right group membership. However I am not seeing the new account show up in the Labtech Passwords tab for the newly onboarded Client or Location. If I run "Change Service Account" nothing happens for any of the newly onboarded clients, I'm guessing because the password, though it is in AD, hasn't been created in Labtech. I eventually get an email that simply says "Change log for LTService. The given key was not present in the dictionary." I looked around in the Labtech\Logs folder and didn't see anything that would give me any additional info. Any idea what I should be doing different to make this work, or am I fighting a bug?

Thanks

Kevin

However I am not seeing the new account show up in the Labtech Passwords tab for the newly onboarded Client or Location.

For right now I would suggest changing the Service Account to None, click the Change Service Account button, wait 10 minutes and then change it back to the correct account. That should straighten it out.

-----

I actually found and fixed this bug but am in the middle of adding another feature so if I published an update right now it might have more bugs. The workaround mentioned above should take care of it or just give me a couple days to finish the changes I am working on and publish an update.

Thanks for the workaround, that did the trick.

I just discovered another issue. I have 51 locations so far that have been onboarded successfully and I was able to use the Manage Locations tab to create my service account in the customer's active directory. But I have 4 locations that the Manage Locations tab doesn't seem to do anything for. If I tell it to add an account and then look in Command History for those 4 locations I don't even see the ds[...] commands listed. I have tried multiple times to add the account, and the commands just don't seem to get sent, so I'm not sure why the MSP Accounts plugin doesn't seem to do anything for these 4 locations. Any thoughts?

Thanks again

More info:

If I tell it to Add Individual User to a location that works and watch the Status window I immediately see the commands kick off. If I tell the plugin to Add Individual User for a location that doesn't work I don't see any trace of the commands in the Status window at all.

More info:

If I tell it to Add Individual User to a location that works and watch the Status window I immediately see the commands kick off. If I tell the plugin to Add Individual User for a location that doesn't work I don't see any trace of the commands in the Status window at all.

i'm struggling to figure out how it could see the location and yet not issue commands or give you a bad index error.

this could happen if Labtech cannot talk to the PDC. is the PDC for that domain online?

Hello,

I'm getting the error "There was an error uploading the new plugin" I checked to make sure the DLL was not flagged as blocked and I am attempting to install using a superadmin AND I checked to make sure the file is not blocked.

Anyone else have this problem with this plug-in - we'd really like to utilize and test this plug-in out.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Guest

I had the same issue at first. After I unblocked the file I figured it would work right away, but after I closed the Labtech Control Center and relaunched it I had no issues with the plugin.