Automating the World

jzurro
Topic Author
Current LT Agent Count: 1000+

New Client Monitor

Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:13 pm

Hello,

I have a problem with my employees when they install labtech on a computer they will use the genric installer. It then goes to my default place. This is turn is not a billable place and they need to move the agent. I am wondering if there is a monitor that i can use to say "Hey there is a computer in this location" Then I would look in the location and decide if its legit and move it or uninstall it. Anyone have anything like that. Basically would be something like IF client.location > 1 Alert me or trigger an alarm of my choosing. Any ideas? Thanks.

Gavsto
Geek

Re: New Client Monitor

Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:45 pm

There is already a monitor for this called LT - New Unassigned Computers and it is an internal monitor

peterm
Geek
Current LT Agent Count: 3000+

Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:12 pm

We remove the links for the generic installer, windows, Linux and mac from the web page by editing the code for it. Sometimes an update will put it back again though so we need to check the page after applying a patch / update.
Without that link on the 'front page' then the guys are forced to log in and use the correct installer for the client.
Regards Peter.

DarrenWhite99
Geek
Current LT Agent Count: 1500+

Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:42 pm

This is why I prefer automating agent installations. No technician to mess things up. The only dependency is being domain joined, but by using group policy you can control the agent that is deployed and ensure that the correct location is targeted.