Thanks for the prompt responses.
Phmcgann - your suggestion pointed me in the right direction, many thanks. It took a little more tweaking but we now have a solution in place for what we wanted!
Darren - nice in-depth post on automating PC deployments. We have something like this in place and it's made life so much easier!
I'll give a quick run through on what we were trying to achieve overall, in hope that it assists anyone else that may be looking for a similar solution. We have recently migrated to ESET v6 which uses the remote administrator agent to allow workstations to talk back to the administrator server. After initially running an agent deployment task ,around 50% of our machines installed the product. Our aim was to automate the process of installing the agent software, for whenever a new agent joined a client or for current agents which did not have the software installed after the initial push.
- First off I created searches based on phmcgann's post.
- The first search checked for agents where the EDF was set to false (0).
- Created a group for this search to look at, along with the script phmcgann advised on - setting the EDF value to 1.
- Next, I created a search for each of our clients. This search contained x3 conditions - 1) EDF field Is False, 2) Client Name =, 3) LabTech.IsOnline Is True
The third option was to save the deployment we would eventually use running against offline agents.
- Once the individual client searches had been created, I created a group for each client and limited the group to look at this search only.
- Finally created the deployment tasks in the ESET plugin, one for each client, and configured as a persistent task.
I hope the above manages to help someone in a similar situation! Many thanks for your help.