Automating the World

We have migrated servers, if you encounter any issues, please let us know on Slack, or post it.

We have also disabled registration as we migrate to the new forum systems. The slack (slack.labtechgeek.com) will always be accepting new users.

shnladd
Topic Author
Current LT Agent Count: 3000+

Mac OS X installer config.sh?`

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:55 am

I'm working on getting some out-of-date Mac agents updated and I'm trying to wrap my head around how the installer works. I can extract the location-specific .zip downloaded from our Labtech server and get the .mpkg and config.sh files, but I'm not sure how or where the config.sh script gets called. I see that it contains our server address and password and the client location ID, but when I extract the .mpkg I can't find any reference to the config.sh script. Best I can tell it doesn't actually get called - it just sits in the directory alongside the .mpkg. Makes no sense, though, as it HAS to be called at some point or else the location ID never gets set on the endpoint.

Can anyone help me figure out what the OS X installer is doing with this script and what part of the LT install package references it?

DarrenWhite99
Geek
Current LT Agent Count: 1500+

Re: Mac OS X installer config.sh?`

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:48 pm

Check out http://www.labtechgeek.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449, the OSX install script has all the steps needs to download and install an agent, including extracting the package and rewriting the config to target a location.