Automating the World

bunger
Topic Author

Alerts vs Tickets vs emails?

Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:01 pm

I understand the concept of tickets... and the idea of firing off emails... but I don't understand the implementation of Alerts in Labtech.

What is their purpose beyond tickets and email and how is everyone using them?

side note: I am not talking about alert templates, I am talking about the options in alert templates to "raise alerts" that are then displayed on the "Alerts & Info" button from the toolbar.

amw3000
Geek
Current LT Agent Count: 3000+

Re: Alerts vs Tickets vs emails?

Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:19 pm

They are designed to just give a quick overview of any issues. Instead of filtering through tickets, you'd look at the alerts & info button.

I personally dont use it but I could see it being helpful for someone who does not have a PSA such as ConnectWise or AutoTask.

peterm
Geek

Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:29 pm

We tend to use Alerts where a condition might not be worth creating a ticket for, but nice to know about. So the guys will see the alerts for the machine when they open the computer management screen.

NetOps
Geek

Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:37 pm

We dont use the alerts and info section at all. When you have more than one person on shift running alerts, it's very hard to manage alerts on LT alerts and info section because you can't assign an alert to anyone or resolve it or nothing.

LT tickets are more better to work with. We don't trigger alerts as an alert action because LT is very sensitive and enabling alert + ticket + email all in one template might create another problem [emoji3]

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk